How to Audition
Students must audition or show a visual arts portfolio for acceptance into The Governor's School for the Arts (GSA).
All current 8th - 11th grade students are eligible to apply.
We welcome students of all interests, races/ethnicities, gender identities, experience levels, and all socio-economic backgrounds.
Find out more about GSA in our Virtual Meet GSA Nights:
October 6: Isle of Wight at 6:30pm
October 7: Franklin/Southampton at 6:00pm
October 14: Chesapeake at 6:30pm
October 19: Suffolk at 6:30pm
October 20: Norfolk at 6:00pm
October 27: Portsmouth at 6:30pm
October 28: Virginia Beach at 6:00pm
All applications are ONLINE.
Please read all directions carefully!
Please submit only ONE application. You may audition for up to three (3) departments.
Deadline: Online Applications along with Round One submissions must be submitted no later than December 14, 2021.
STEPS TO APPLY
I. Round One Submission
1. You must submit a separate video submission for each department to which you apply. This is your Round One submission. Each department will have different requirements. Carefully read each department's requirements before you complete your online application.
2. If you are selected for Round Two you will be notified in early to mid January 2022. You will be assigned a date and time; you may not request a date. Round Two will be in-person at the GSA building.
3. Once an audition date and time is assigned, supplemental forms may be required from individual departments. These forms will be e-mailed with your audition date and time assignment. Please make sure your email address is complete and correct on your application. All communication will be done electronically.
2. Complete the online application
1. You may audition for up to three (3) different departments but you submit only ONE application.
3. Upload your submissions with your online application
1. Be sure to upload all videos and images with the online application.
2. Please record yourself in a full body angle, saying your name slowly and clearly, before your performance begins. DO NOT STATE YOUR HIGH SCHOOL.
For Visual Arts, please record yourself full body saying your name slowly and clearly, and upload this video along with your images.
3. Your video may be taken with your phone in your home. You do not need special surroundings for your pre-screen audition.
Questions? Contact: email@example.com or 757-451-4711